Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Changes are Coming

I have never blogged before, nor did I imagine myself doing so. But I see this as an opportunity to share with others what God is doing in my life, whatever that may be. Right now, God is leading in a new adventure. I will be graduating from Arizona State University soon, and God as placed me in EDGE Corps, a ministry associated with the Navigators. I will be laboring for the Lord at Arizona State, which means sharing God's Word with college students and discipling men that will eventually do the same thing with others. If you had asked me a year ago if I would be doing EDGE right out of college, I probably would have answered with a convincing "No." But God has a way of turning things upside down, and He did just that in my life.

When Paul was writing to Ephesus in the book of Acts, he said something that has had a strong impact in my life. Acts 20:22-24 says:

"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

What task has the Spirit given me? To reach out to the students at Arizona State, sharing and living out the gospel among them. I don't know what is going to happen to me while I'm completing this task, but I know that anything else would be worth absolutely nothing.

Please pray for me as I prepare for this task. Pray that I trust the Lord completely to provide for my needs. Pray for the hearts of the students, that the Lord opens their hearts to the words He is going to say through me and the other laborers at Arizona State. Finally, please pray that I finish this school year strong. I want to glorify God through my efforts in all I do, including my schoolwork.

Well, this was fun! Never thought I'd enjoy blogging. I'll have to do this again!

No comments: